activating SkyView back up battery

FreddytheK

I love flying!
Is it possible to remove SkyView from its primary power source and feed it from its backup battery by pushing a button on the SkyView display?

And...with a SkyView system which includes the Dynon COM and intercom, when the SkyView display is powered by the backup battery, will the COM and intercom automatically be also powered by the SkyView backup battery?

Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm trying to get my head around how I can provide an alternate power feed to SkyView and keep the power load on an endurance buss to a minimum.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Switching from master power to the battery is automatic. It will just stay on when you do this. If you do it on the ground, you have to press a button within 30 seconds. In the air, it stays on until you tell it to turn off.

Button 1 (left-most button) on the SkyView display will manually power the SkyView on and off. If there is a backup battery connected, with no aircraft power, you can power it up using Button 1.

The SV-COM-425 and the SV-INTERCOM-2S are not powered by the SkyView display - they require a connection to aircraft power.

Is it possible to remove SkyView from its primary power source and feed it from its backup battery by pushing a button on the SkyView display?

And...with a SkyView system which includes the Dynon COM and intercom, when the SkyView display is powered by the backup battery, will the COM and intercom automatically be also powered by the SkyView backup battery?

Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm trying to get my head around how I can provide an alternate power feed to SkyView and keep the power load on an endurance buss to a minimum.