ADSB out question

Doug94

After conducting the FAA ADSB out test I am not putting out an "Out" signal. My set-up is an original skyview, Garmin GNS 430W, Model 261 Transponder, ADSB model 470, and a Skyview GPS puck antennae. My setting in the set-up menu are correct (identifies a non-dynon ADSB-out). Is my issue with the Skyview antennae being the original issue GPS puck? Or should my settings be to use a Skyview ADSB - out device? The ADSB - in works perfectly - I get traffic and weather. Thanks, any direction to try and resolve the issue would be appreciated.

GalinHdz

To start, which GPS position source are you using? If using the G430W, it must have GPS software version 5.0 or higher and the RS232 output going to pin #2 of the transponder (through a 1.2K Ohm resistor) must be set to the ADSB+ format. If you are using a DYNON GPS puck, only the GPS-2020 puck will provide a correct ADS-B "Out" signal if configured correctly. The older GPS-250 puck is not an ADS-B "Out" compliant position source.

Last edited:

Raymo

I love aviation!
If you have the GPS-250 puck set as your ADS-B out source, it will not pass the test. Either use your 430W (assuming proper firmware update) or replace the 250 with the GPS-2020 antenna.