ADSB out software update status ?

tommyturner

What is status on the software update for the SV transponder to implement full ADSB out. I am using a skyradar ADSB receiver that is displayed using Wingx on an iPad. I receive FIS-B ok but need the SV transponder ADSB out working to receive TIS-B. Thanks for all your effort, the SV is great.

nigelspeedy

I too would like to know how the implementation of ADS-B out is coming along. There are several perfectly good ADS-B in methods like Skyradar and and Stratus for iPad appliactions but getting the traffic is predicated on 'pinging' the ADS-B site. ADS-B out was an advertised feature over a year ago now. What's going on? When can we expect the necessary software upgrade? I have seen on the net that the transponder manufacturer, Trig, has ADS-B out devices for sale.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The SkyView Transponder is designed to be compliant with ADS-B out, but does require a free firmware update. Trig has finished the firmware for their hardware, and we are working with them to finalize the firmware update for our hardware version. There is additional work and testing required because it is a TSO product, and we don't have a release date yet. But should soon.

(As an interesting side observation, we applaud Trig for having the ONLY compliant ADS-B transponder for GA. We are glad we are working with them, since with their help we will be second. The makers of the 330 don't even promise that it will be upgraded!)

nigelspeedy

Hey Dynon,

Thanks for the update, I thought for a while it had been lost in the noise. I am looking forward to flying with this nicely integreated system.

Cheers

snowyriver

I wonder, is the Trig thing going to be a system that would work with someone who has a 327 w/ Skyview or just Dynon's tx?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
And even if you had a 330, there's no way Dynon can update the firmware in a Garmin transponder to make it compliant with the latest TSO. The upgrade we are talking about is a firmware upgrade to our transponder in order to meet the latest TSO. It's not just data we send to a transponder.