AFS panel with Avidyne 540

N357L

New Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2024
Messages
2
Just finished my RV-14A and having a tough time figuring out how to use the 540 with the AFS panel. Can’t seem to get the A/P to fly the flight plan. I hope to begin IFR training and wondering if there is anyone here in WI or nearby who could help me learn how to use this stuff!! I’ve read all the manuals but they don’t discuss how to link the FD and EFIS and A/P. Asking Jonathan at AFS every step of the way is not very efficient.
 
There seems to be a dearth of video guidance on usage of A/P on approach with these. I've been flying a HDX 650 for a couple years and still don't feel as comfortable as I should be with it.
 
I finally figured out how to load the flight plan from the 540 to the panel and was able to fly the route and enter an LPV approach with the autopilot!
The issue for me has been getting the correct CDI source and A/P mode. That’s not really covered in any videos or manuals.

I might suggest AFS create a tutorial for doing this with the Avidyne and Garmin systems.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3142.jpeg
    IMG_3142.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3143.jpeg
    IMG_3143.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 1
Back
Top