Aircraft Exhaust Inc.

mmarien

Murray M.
Just a note for anyone that is thinking of building a 4in1 tuned exhaust for their a/c.

I had my 4in1 exhaust mockup returned from Aircraft Exhaust Inc.  :-/
The phone has been of the hook for a while. I think they are out of business. Mark Cook from KitPlanes built a 4in1 tuned exhaust for his Sportsman 2+2 and wrote an article about it in the KitPlanes magazine last year.  

I did find another place:

http://www.stainlessheaders.com/index.aspx

I spoke with Chris at Stainless Headers Mfg. He is the original developer of the 4in1 process and is willing to build my exhaust.

mmarien

Murray M.
I received my exhaust system from experimentalexhaust.com and it fits like a glove. For anyone that hasn't heard of them, they supply flanges off the cylinder and a collector pipe. You build a prototype from PVC or ABS and they build your exhaust system from that. If you can keep the length of the individual pipes the same before they enter the collector pipe it'll be somewhat tuned. More mechanics to it then that but every little bit helps. The best part is that the price is about the same as a stock exhaust system. See post above for web page.

TunedExhaust.jpg

Sonich5

I love flying!
Thought I would Chime In on this post. I was employed at the named company form 2007 to 2010 (Nov) around Late March of 2011 I was Contacted by the company to assist 13+ customers with prepaid orders that were unable to reach any body at the business. I took on these customers and supplied them with there systems. It cost me a great deal of expense to do the right thing for these customers. I wont go into detail about all that has happened as a result. I decided to go into business for my self. sonicheaders.com We manufacture Experimental Aircraft Exhaust and offer a PVC kit as well. I had been looking for complaints on the conduct of the named company when I came across this post. I am utterly amazed there are not far more out there as a result of the poor ethical business practice from this company. He continues to do business to this day? I know the history of Chris, and his company and believe there is room for both our companies to exist. What I believe is most important is the customer and knowing they are not being taken advantage of. With a huge on line presence and not enough truth, I fear many others will suffer from unethical conduct from the original posted business. I know the word of mouth value among builders and pilots and it is just a matter of time. When customers find Sonic Headers Inc or experimentalexhaust.com they will be in good hands and get a great product. (had to post on this, couldn't resist!)

mmarien

Murray M.
I'm happy to hear that there are more places making custom tuned exhaust for airplanes. I've gotten more then a few comments on the sound of my airplane with the tuned exhaust even though it only has a o320 150hp. I've also tweaked a few more knots from it with the tuned exhaust. I think I got an excellent product from Chris at experimentalexhaust.com and will recommend both of you to anyone looking to build new or replace their exhaust system. :)