Aircraft Icon added in V12.0

thibault

Is it possible to make the icon solid rather than an outline?

I have a hard time seeing any of the icon choices across the cockpit on a 7" display whenever the map background is light colored.

I looked at the .dfg file and found the entry "aircraft_icon_type", but that is just the choice of which icon.  There does not appear to be any further definition in that file or the .sfg file, so maybe it is hard coded in firmware and not adjustable by the config files.

If it can not be changed by dfg or sfg, my vote would be a setup selection of outline or solid.

jc2da

I second this. I was wondering if maybe another color (not white) would help.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The iconds aren't adjustable. Can you send us a screenshot to support at dynonavionics dot com of what you're seeing though? Which aircraft are you using?

W

William_Ince

Is it possible to make the icon solid rather than an outline?

I have a hard time seeing any of the icon choices across the cockpit on a 7" display whenever the map background is light colored.

I looked at the .dfg file and found the entry "aircraft_icon_type", but that is just the choice of which icon.  There does not appear to be any further definition in that file or the .sfg file, so maybe it is hard coded in firmware and not adjustable by the config files.

If it can not be changed by dfg or sfg, my vote would be a setup selection of outline or solid.
I third this.
I also have SV-D700's.
Would like to see more options for the text and icons, like darker colors and ability to fill icons with solid colors if desired.

Since everything is smaller on the D-700 map, more contrast would help a lot.  Biggest complaint I have is the default map colors are almost pastel, and in bright sunlight, the icons and text'numbers get washed out, thus making them hard to distinguish.

More vibrant text and number options would be a great help and make the display much better to read.

Wanted the D-1000 displays in my airplane, but did not have the panel real estate to accommodate it.

What say you Dynon?

:)

thibault

I looked at all of them but currently using the jumbo.  Will take screenshot this weekend.

thibault

So attached are two examples from the D700.  One where the map background is very light and the other was darker.  Having the contrast from the darker background makes the icon easier, but I think if the icon was just solid black it would be best.

Attachments

• LightBackground.jpg
    LightBackground.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 90

thibault

And here is the darker background

Attachments

• DarkBackground.jpg
    DarkBackground.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 92

thibault

It would not let me preview the message with the attachment, nor let me attach both to the same message.

What is with that?

Exbonanzabucko

I love flying!
I completely agree that a solid and/or larger airplane icon would be better. There sometimes is a lot of clutter on the screen depending on settings and a solid icon would help. So you a choice of colors. I currently use a B747 icon to make it more visible but it still gets lost.
EBB

mmarien

Murray M.
The first thing I noticed about the screenshots above is that the compass circle is nearly complete. For us single screen guys with 40/40/20 screen layout it only shows about 60 degrees of the compass circle on the map. I think I'll switch to 80/20 and use ForeFlight as my PFD.

As far as the airplane symbol you might want to try going back to the default. It's a little bolder than the rest. And you never know. There is a Low Wing 1 icon so perhaps we'll get a black Low Wing 2 icon next release.  ;D ;D