Airmate Data transfer issues

PTJ

I've read different issues regarding moving Airmate data. Here's my issue: after successful downloads mine is stuck at "writing directories" to my USB. Looking at the Airmate-Dynon Interworking manual but not getting anywhere. After well over an hour of no movement of the status bar I had for force quit the data manager app.

Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions?

Rhino

PC or Mac? Airmate was having problems with the Mac a couple of months ago.

PTJ

MAC. I'm currently trying a different approach. Rather than using the Airmate Data Manager I'm just downloading the separate files to my laptop then dragging them individually to the USB stick. Seems to be working but won't know the real answer until I go to load them on the HDX.

More to follow . . .

Rhino

That's the workaround some used for their Mac issues. They reported it was really slow though.

PTJ

Airmate also offered the suggestion to go to MacOS settings: Privacy & Security: Full Disk Access: then add Airmate Data Manager to the list and grant it disk access. That then allowed me to use the Data Manager to lead the USB drive.

Vincent from Airmate was extremely helpful with several email exchanges offering helpful suggestions but he admits they don't understand the MacOS behavior sometimes. Still, great customer service.

RV8JD

Airmate also offered the suggestion to go to MacOS settings: Privacy & Security: Full Disk Access: then add Airmate Data Manager to the list and grant it disk access. That then allowed me to use the Data Manager to lead the USB drive.
Interesting. I’m using an older iMac running Sonoma 14.5 (the latest OS) and did not have ‘Full Disk Access’ enabled for Airmate Data Manager. I just updated to the latest charts with no problems.

Also, note that the Airmate Data Manager for Mac is up to v1.5.

Last edited:

JohnAJohnson

I love flying!
I got their email today about the new Airmate Data Manager so I thought I would try it. It was extremely slow and appeared to stall, and even after 11 hours, the progress bar barely moved. I tried downloading the data with a web browser instead, and it was successful and not too slow (11gb total), so it isn't the server speed that's slow. Same results as previous attempts months ago, where I gave up after letting it run for two days with hardly any progress. The Data Manager just flat doesn't work.

Edit: Windows 11 Pro

soarhead

FWIW, I have had the same issues with the data manager app on both the iMac and MacBook. For quite some time now, I have found it much simpler to just download directly to the USB. Never had any issues running the charts and maps on the Dynon.