Airports not displayed

I have two 10" Skyviews in a RV-7A. Everything has been working great. I used the trial map for a while and then purchased the map. Flew it for a while and the airports went away. I have toogled the public and private airports on and off in the map menu at differant ranges and they still won't show up on the map. I can toogle everthing else on and off, NDB's VOR's.

I have loaded the 3.1 update and the updated AV data. The airports were displayed for a few hours after the update. I reloaded the AV data again with no change. I reloaded 3.1 on the memory stick but the display won't take it now.

Any thoughs?

Thanks,

Larry

Another note: if I enter a direct to an airport, that airport will display but no others.
Thanks,
Larry

A little more information about the map and problem that I am having. I have successfully updated from 2.5 to 2.6 to 3.0 to 3.1 with no problems.
After updating to 3.1 the airports were displayed on the map. I flew for a few hours on the trail version and then purchased the mapping software. After putting in the code for the map the airports were still displayed on the map.
Then for no reason the airports went away. I can turn them on on the map page menu at different ranges and they still won't show up. The airspace around the airports is displayed. If I enter an airport to fly to, that airport will show up on the map. The other things on the map page I can turn on and off. VORs, NDBs and way points.
I have reloaded the current Av data and obstacles data for 3.1. No change. I was going to reload 3.1, but it won't reload. Will 3.1 over write 3.1? Do you have to delete it first? If so, does the memory stick need to be in to delete it?
Thanks,
   Larry

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
This does sound like a zoom level issue, even though you've said you've played with them. As an experiment, set the two airport zoom settings to 2000nm. Does that change anything? Also, what is listed under LOCAL SCREEN SETUP > INSTALLED DATABASES.

Hi Dynon,
Today I set the airports to show up at the 2000 mile range in the map menu. I am based in west central Georgia, about 30 miles from the Alabama state line.

When I zoomed the map to 800, 1200, and 2000 miles all the airports were displayed west of a north to south line from about Mississippi to the west side of the Great Lakes. This is a very straight and defined line.

Now if I put in a “direct to” close to home the destination airport will not be displayed. Before today it would be displayed. It will however draw a course line to were the airport should be.

I reloaded 3.1 firmware and the latest nav data from your site onto the memory stick, (the one that came with the screen). I can reload the nav and obstacle data to the Skyview system with no problem.

When I try to load the 3.1 it will start and then in the little box with the progress bar it will display WRONG VERSION. Then the little box will go away and on the big screen it will display FILE HAS ERROR

Thanks for the help,
Larry

P. S. I think the system is awesome, but I really, really like the G-meter.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
First, the firmware thing. You already have 3.1, so SkyView recognizes that and doesn't let you perform unnecessary loads of the same version over itself (this won't fix any problems).

Please a few screenshots of the following things. You can do this by inserting your USB stick and then pressing buttons 2 and 7 simultaneously. The screen shots will show up in a "screenshots" folder. Once you have the below shots, please zip them and send them to support at dynonavionics dot com with a link to this site:

-A picture of your MAP SETUP page
-Pictures the map not displaying airports where there should be some, as you've described below
-A picture of your LOCAL SCREEN SETUP > INSTALLED DATABASES page
-A picture of an airport along a course/flight plan not being displayed

Hi Dynon,
Om the INSTALLED DATABASES page :
Aviation Databases:
Avdata 05/05/11-06/01/11 FAA
Obdata 05/05/11-06/29/11 FAA

Terrain Databases:
Reg-02-North America HIRES
World wide Terrain-Low Res
World wide Terrian-Very low res

I captured the scrren shots, but I don't know how to attach them here. I will send e-mail to support.
Thanks,
Larry

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yep, there's a bug there. Thanks for your sleuthing! We're looking into it. On our end, once your 50nm or closer, airports show up. Do they for you?

Hi Dynon,
I tried the map this morning. No airports show up at 50 miles or less. If I lower the zoom in the map menu page the airport that I have entered a DIRECT TO will show up at one zoom level higher and on up, but not at the zoom level selected or lower.
Also only that one (the destination airport) will be displayed and no others.
Thanks,
Larry

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Thanks for the additional feedback.

The new data files that are live on the SkyView download page fix this behavior.

Hi Dynon,
I downloaded the new data file this morning and tried it out. It works great!
Thanks for the quick response and fix,
Larry