Airspeed and Altitude Covers Display

GalinHdz

Is there any way to move the airspeed and altitude "tapes" towards the edges on the display? They block a good portion of the screen area and with a crosswind makes it hard to see some of the information. You can see this on the photo I took while flying where the airspeed tape completely blocks the the "White Pipper" and most of the "HITS".

20220328_101629.jpg

RandomSquawk

I'll go one step further. The whole use of tapes on PFDs bothers me. I've never had a steam gauge in the cockpit, and I'm a 30-year techno-geek web/ui/software developer, so you'd think I'd be right at home with the PFD tapes. However, I still find them unintuitive. Over time my eyes/brain have tuned most of the tape out and I see only the digits in the center. I'd love to be able to customize the PFD with airspeed and altitude widgets of my own design, but there are a number of reasons that'll never happen.

ssbn608

I love flying!
I'll go one step further. The whole use of tapes on PFDs bothers me. I've never had a steam gauge in the cockpit, and I'm a 30-year techno-geek web/ui/software developer, so you'd think I'd be right at home with the PFD tapes. However, I still find them unintuitive. Over time my eyes/brain have tuned most of the tape out and I see only the digits in the center. I'd love to be able to customize the PFD with airspeed and altitude widgets of my own design, but there are a number of reasons that'll never happen.
Yeah, steam gauges, rotates so that "normal" values are straight up are a lot quicker to glance at to see if anything is abnormal. And even if you don't rotate the instrument, I find it a lot more intuitive to glance and see if the SINGLE pointer is pointing more or less to the right direction on the gauge (easier if you use a suction-cupped adjustable pointer to indicate a desired speed. Sigh. But... I really like my Skyview generally. It's a LOT more flexible than steam gauges. Until a fault on one thing, takes the whole display out.... But that's why I have FlyQ on my iPad and on my cell phone., along with a Merlin AHRS.

You do have, of course, the ability to change the SkyView PFD to a 6-pack display: See: