Aithre C0 detector

jimRuttler

Thanks all for helping. I saw this feed and assumed all was OK until Rhino pinged me.

If you can first verify voltage on the white wire unconnected to Dynon, you should see 3.3V for 60 seconds on startup and then 0V thereafter. If this is not the case, then there is a problem with the voltage output circuit on your unit and we can replace it.

Otherwise, if you are seeing the correct voltages, which is likely, then it is working properly.

The next step is to email me and I will send you a different sensor file from Dynon: jim@aithreaviation.com. Use an ENHANCED pin with the new sensor file and it will work. The issue is we have a few circuit boards that have diodes to protect against reverse current on the voltage output lines. Dynon's input pins have pullup resistors which prevents the diodes from working. So, Dynon was kind enough to provide a change that turns off the pullup resistor for the enhanced pins. We've since removed the diodes to avoid this issue.

I do hope to see Dynon add native support for the Aithre products - Don Jones how about it?

jimRuttler

I installed mine last year and didn’t need any “secret file” from Dynon. Just followed the Dynon SV specific instructions from the Aithre website and downloaded the widget from their site. Set it up as a pressure sensor and that’s it. The last SV update cleared the widget but I just put it back.
This is an awesome pic. Love the digital DOT.

d3mac123

Thanks all for helping. I saw this feed and assumed all was OK until Rhino pinged me.

If you can first verify voltage on the white wire unconnected to Dynon, you should see 3.3V for 60 seconds on startup and then 0V thereafter. If this is not the case, then there is a problem with the voltage output circuit on your unit and we can replace it.

Otherwise, if you are seeing the correct voltages, which is likely, then it is working properly.

The next step is to email me and I will send you a different sensor file from Dynon: jim@aithreaviation.com. Use an ENHANCED pin with the new sensor file and it will work. The issue is we have a few circuit boards that have diodes to protect against reverse current on the voltage output lines. Dynon's input pins have pullup resistors which prevents the diodes from working. So, Dynon was kind enough to provide a change that turns off the pullup resistor for the enhanced pins. We've since removed the diodes to avoid this issue.

I do hope to see Dynon add native support for the Aithre products - Don Jones how about it?
Jim,
Thanks for joining the conversation. I'll check your suggestion next time I'm in the hangar.

Meanwhile:
- I have the sensors wired to pins 10 (CO), 11 (SPO), and 12 (O2);
- few months ago, I switched my old EX to a new one that supposedly work with non-Enhanced (General) pins;

Questions are, will I need to re-wire to connect with Enhanced pins only, even with a new device of yours? Also, should I replace my Aithre module again?

Last edited:

soarhead

Sigh. It's not a widget. All those arcs and graphs and numbers on your EMS display are widgets.

The thing you download from Aithre is a "sensor configuration file", which contains a set of sensor definitions, such as the Aithre CO monitor.
I guess you should take that up with Aithrie then because they refer to it as a widget on their support page.

d3mac123

After talking to Jim, he suggested me to re-wire the sensor to Enhanced pins and install the special file. Everything is working now.