All inputs on Skyview locked up today.

Ccandrews

I love flying!
I have a dual skyview classic. i have put about 1000 hrs on the setup, generally without issue. Today with the non-primary display showing EMS and map, the EMS changed to a red X and all buttons and knobs on that display locked out. Could not enter setup or power off. Pulled the breaker and still wouldn’t power down. after landing I disconnected battery backup to turn off. Restarted and it rebooted as normal. primary display seemed unaffected but displays would not swap properly.
any ideas?

Last edited:

jnmeade

I have a dual HDX setup and have no such issues. My software is the one just previous to the new release. Which software have you installed?

MikeD

I've seen this happen on a dual HDX setup. Pressing #1 button would not power off the screen. Fortunately, pressing the reboot keys (1+2+5) did in fact reboot the screen.

Ccandrews

I love flying!
I have a dual HDX setup and have no such issues. My software is the one just previous to the new release. Which software have you installed?
I suspect the new software version has something to do with it. unfortunately, the latest version (1.6.5) has been installed, we should have waited until dynon gets it right. Also these are dynon classics

Ccandrews

I love flying!
I've seen this happen on a dual HDX setup. Pressing #1 button would not power off the screen. Fortunately, pressing the reboot keys (1+2+5) did in fact reboot the screen.
I dunno...... primary displays locking up in flight seems like a big deal to me. I have sent the diagnostic event file to dynon but no response.

MikeD

I dunno...... primary displays locking up in flight seems like a big deal to me. I have sent the diagnostic event file to dynon but no response.
No response?? What's up with that? Solving this problem should have a priority higher than the number 1 can convey!