Alternator Failure — What’s left?

GrinchF16

Easy question in think. I have a Skyview Classic panel in my RV. The website says:

SV-BAT-320 provides at least an hour of power to a single SkyView display and all connected SkyView Network Modules, including the ADAHRS and EMS. Install one per display for maximum power failure redundancy.

Does that include the GPS 2020? Bottom line, if my alternator fails, will I still have full attitude, altitude, and navigation capability? I understand it’s not a certified for navigation gps, but….

RV8JD

From Page 3-10 of the SkyView Classic / Touch Pilot’s User Guide – Revision AG. Although they don't list the SV-GPS-2020, I believe that is just the documentation not being kept up to date (they do list the SV-GPS-250 as being powered by the backup battery via the display).

"Backup Battery Charging and Testing

In the event of an electrical failure that causes SkyView to run on the SV-BAT-320, the SV-BAT- 320 supplies power to the SkyView display it is connected to, along with any connected SV- ADAHRS-26X, SV-EMS-22X, SV-ARINC-429, and SV-GPS-250 modules. Because of higher power requirements, the SV-BAT-320 does not power Autopilot servos, the SV-XPNDR-26X, SV-COM- 760, -T25/T8, -425 transceivers connected via a serial connection, or any other third party devices. SkyView’s maximum display brightness is reduced very slightly when operating on backup battery power to reduce power consumption."

And from (an older version of) the HDX Pilot's User Guide (I believe the Classic/Touch are the same):

i-9TP6T9M-L.jpg

Last edited: