Alternator Fault Indication when Primary Alternator Disabled in VP-X

czfish

I love flying!
Installed: Skyview HDX and VP-X with Primary Alternator monitoring disabled because I have a permanent magnet Alternator

In VP-X Configuration, I've disabled the Primary Alternator circuit (actually cycled it from enabled to disabled as recommended for Rotax applications) but still getting a fault in the Dynon/VP-X display on the Alternator. It's like the Dynon will not recognize the VP-X Configuration without this alternator circuit, and when it doesn't see voltage as the engine RPM increases, it throws the fault alarm.

How can I get the Dynon to ignore the disabled alternator field circuit?

Thanks,

Scott

czfish

I love flying!
Yes, I've been actively working with Vertical Power (VP-X), and have made all the changes in configuration on their end. They have seen this before and apparently it's a bug on the Dynon side that's not recognizing the VP-X configuration and ignore the alternator field signal (since it's just zero, as it's not being measured). That's why I'm looking for help on the Dynon side.

czfish

I love flying!
Got this resolved. For now, you have to set up VP-X to trick Skyview so it doesn't throw the alarm. In VP-X Configuration: enable primary alternator, set the limit amps at 1, and turn off current fault. This makes SV think you have an alternator field winding monitor, but you don't and since the circuit doesn't have anything happening, SV finds no problems. The authority on this is Don Jones at Dynon. I've flight tested this and got no alarms on the alternator circuit. Better long term solution is in the pipeline on SV side, but not clear when it will be available.