Altimeter Bug and AOA Display

JetJockey

Please consider making the selectable bug on the altimeter tape MUCH larger and a more noticeable color (orange comes to mind) so as to be consistent with analog type altimeter bugs. When using the current bug for a DH or MDA, it just isn't very visible.

Also, for those of us who don't have the AOA option, would you consider making the AOA display act as a speed display referencing the selected speed bug? This is similar to what Boeing does when the aircraft is not in an approach configuration. In other words, the green/yellow transition would equal the selected bug speed, the top of the yellow band would be X knots slower and the bottom of the green band would be X knots faster than selected bug speed. The red band would be something greater than X knots below selected bug speed. Ideally, the X value would be user selectable in order to accommodate various types of aircraft and piloting abilities.

Thanks for your consideration.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We've already written a better bug and it will be in our next release. I think you'll be very happy with it.

I'm not sure I understand what you want for the speed tape. There's no reason to need to keep the colors on the AoA bar if it does something else, so do you really want the colors like they are now? Are you just asking for an indicator that gives you an expanded airspeed indicator?

JetJockey

If there is a way to upload a picture, I'll do so. It will make this easier to understand what I am talking about. Basically, yes, it is just an expanded airspeed display to make it easier to nail a specific airspeed.

JetJockey

I couldn't figure out how to attach a picture to this message board so I have emailed a picture of what I am describing directly to you.