Altimeter calibration

AAMD80Captain

On my altimeter static system check my standby analog altimeter was pretty much dead on where the Dynon altimeter was anywhere from 60 to 120 feet off. I have been unable to find anything in the manuals on how to calibrate the Dynon with my standby altimeter. Any suggestions on how to adjust it or where to look in the manuals? Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration

andresmith76

I love flying!
On page 5-21 of the SkyView Installation Guide begins the procedure for calibrating the ADAHRS system. Going to to the Setup menu you'll find a single-point Altitude Offset adjustment one can make to bring the Dynon reading closer to your analog altimeter.

DBRV10

A bit like some medical advice, getting a second opinion would be handy.

Firstly check there is not an offset in there already causing the error. In all the years and lots of D10/D100/Skyview systems I have never seen anything but very accurate results. While it is possible, it is very rare.

Check the field elevation vs QNH also. My experience even with certified altimeters is the Dynon calibration is spot on to max 20' error compared to new digital calibrated test equipment.

As Reagan once said, Trust but Verify.

Hope that helps.