ammeter fluctation

bgreath

I have recently installed a D180 in a Jabiru J400 with 6 cylinder Jabiru 3300 engine. With engine shut down the ammeter shows a steady discharge proportional to the amout of avionics switched on. With engine running the ammeter shows a fluctuating charge rate of anything between -5 and +20 amps even though the load is constant! I have measured the output across the shunt and this is a rock steady voltage, varying only with engine rpm.

Anyone help on this one please?

annken100

Has anybody resolved the fluctuating ammeter issue yet? My ammeter indication is rock solid until the alternator is online. With the alternator charging, the ammeter fluctuates between +10 and -7 amps. The actual current (verified by a handheld ammeter) is 4 amps.

Ken Pavlou

PilotKris

Looks like we've been left out in the cold since Dynon seams focused on autopilots and "NextGen"....

VERY disappointing

annken100

At the very least, can we find out if anyone tried the experiment with resistors and capacitors that Dynon mentions in the previous posts?  I know that a fluctuating ammeter is not the most critical thing in the world, but man, my eyes keep gravitating to the ammeter as it fluctuates.  It is annoying.

Ken Pavlou

PilotKris

I'm with you Ken.

Has anyone found a solution that dampens out the fluctuations inherent in Rotax/Jabaru alternator outputs so that the Dynon ammeter works?