AMP Meter RED X

Mark P.

Visit my builders log at www.ZenithOwner.com
I have 21 hours on the Dynon system now with no issues until today. Today I noticed a red X over the AMP meter gauge. All circuit breakers/fuses/shunts/wiring all good. Can't find anything wrong.

BUT....here's the weird thing that I just don't see how it could be related, but just previous to this flight, I returned from another flight, shut everything down, and then turned the Dynon back on to look at the Hobbs meter to fill out the logbook. I couldn't figure out how to turn the Dynon back off again because the "Power Off?" wasn't shown on the bottom like normal.

So I left it on figuring I'll let it run on the back up battery for a bit-might be good to use the battery. I pushed the plane in the hangar, then forgot that it was on. I came back an hour or so later and of course the back up battery was dead, and the Dynon was off.

Pulled the plane out for another flight and that's when I noticed the red X over the AMP meter gauge.

Everything is good-the shunt is good, the wires are secure, and there appears to be nothing wrong, but the AMP meter isn't working. I looked through the menus on the Dynon and it is seeing the shunt, but just displaying a big red X.

I have no idea what to check. Any help?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2798.JPG
    IMG_2798.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2799.JPG
    IMG_2799.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 166

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So to the first question, press/hold button 1 to power the display off.

Beyond that, that sounds like there could be an issue with the amps input, but you'll want to get in touch with our support team for more help with this (contact info in our signature).

One other thing to check is whether or not there is a break in the fuse or fusible link that should be on each shunt wire.

Rstone

Mark did you ever figure it out? I’ve spent hours trying to solve the same problem with my Skyview, but it’s a mystery as to why my amp meter is X’d out ! I’ve checked and rechecked all the things you mentioned also…

Akash408

Please replaced the fuse.and check ammeter connection on shunt.maxium this problem solved with fuse