Angle of attack

kwieringo

The older (existing) EFIS units have AOA indicators next to the airspeed indication.
Will the new systems have the same abilities and readout, using your heated Pitot?
Thanks in advance.
Ken
-===-

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The new systems will support AoA and will use the same heated or unheated pitots we currently sell.

N941WR

Any chance you will come out with a small, remote mountable, AOA screen?

I have always found the location of the current AOA indicator to be less than useful and would like a small screen that can be mounted up on the glair shield, in my line of sight when landing.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Ken, I'm not sure N941WR was asking for a $1500 option from one of our competitors. I'd think he was asking more about a Dynon priced device ;)

As for now, we are not planning a remote AoA, but it is a product we have discussed.

Vern Little at http://www.vx-aviation.com does sell a remote AoA indicator for our current products.

kwieringo

Well That's understandable, but I didn't know about the other guy building an external LED display for your unit to mount on the glare shield.
I now will have a AOA LED indicator, for Dynon new generation products, and a Yaesu FT857 Transceiver, and a compus.
Oh well,
there is room for all three.
I'm sorry I promoted other products on your web site.
Ken
Reserved Tail number N750KW
Amateur Radio Call N4LYO
-======-