Annuciations

Ken_Kopp

If viewing in full PFD mode (no split screen), can the system be configured to alert the pilot to engine limit violations?

What about other switch/contact info? If in PFD mode and a switch that is connected to a Skyview input is activated will this be indicated even in PFD only mode?

If so, this will help me eliminate the need for many if not all my externally planned annuciators.

N707RW

Hi Ken,

In PFD mode, there is an always-resident message indicator at the lower right corner. It would flash if any EMS value goes into alarm. You would then push the button and find out what is in alarm. Somewhat like a military master caution indicator, but not exactly.

Contacts are not displayed in any mode except EMS screen. So you will have to have an external warning if you were going to exclusively use PFD mode. I am not sure if you could designate one of the contact modes as an alarm or not. I'll check on that and let you know. If you can put a contact into alarm, then the message center would alert you and you could use the message indicator as a contact indicator, although it would be a bit cumbersome.

But the direct answer to your question is that contacts are displayed only on EMS pages.

-- Rich Wilson

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Any input, including contacts, can be set to alarm. So you can get a master caution light based on a contact, and then press the button to see which one it is.

This is actually true on the current systems as well, you can have every screen in the PFD mode and EMS violations (including contacts) will alert through.

N707RW

Ken,

I did try this today and it works just as advertised.  I put my canopy contact "open" status as an alarm.  It came up just perfectly.

Here's how it works: if any item goes into alarm, the "message" heading above the right-most button flashes red.  You push the button and a message status window pops up above the button.  You push the button again to acknowledge the message.  New messages are annunciated with a red background to differentiate them from acknowledged messages.  If the alarm condition clears, the message just goes away.  It's about as close to a military or jet master caution that I have ever seen.  Works great.

Hope that helps.

-- Rich

RandyC

I hope that there is a way to get the master caution light to come up as an audible warning in the headset.

My experience with caution lights tells me that it is much more effective to get an audible alarm than a light on the panel.

Can the Skyview be programmed to trigger an audible alarm along with the light on the display?

Randy C