Another Low Oil Temp Problem

lrfrey

I have had low oil temp indications for some time now on my Dynon D120.  I have read thru many of the posts on the forum and tried multiple things to resolve the problem.  I installed a dedicated ground wire from the D120 rack to battery ground, Installed a dedicated ground wire to the shell of the sender, removed the EMS connector and checked for a loose pin etc with no help.  I removed the sensor and checked it’s reading with a known calibrated temp gage by immersing it in water and heating it.  At 73 degrees actual temp the EMS reads 70 degrees.  At 205 degrees actual temp the EMS reads 163 degrees.  (The amount the temperatures  disagree varies increasingly as the temps rise).  Can you give me a specific ohm reading at several specific temperatures  to measure?  Is there anything else I’m missing or should I just order a new probe?

Thanks, LR

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi LR,

A few questions:

What kind of airplane?
How large are the ground wires that you installed?
Which sensor are you using?

lrfrey

RV-7A, Using Sensor sent with Dynon package (single wire), 16 or 18 G wire probably, will have to look.

LR

lrfrey

Used 16 Gage from EMS Rack, 18 from Gnd to sensor base. Measured 1 MV from Rack to sensor base if my meter is any good. It's not a Fluke.

LR

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Please email us at support@dynonavionics.com and we send you the temp vs resistance chart you're requesting.

<snip> Can you give me a specific ohm reading at several specific temperatures  to measure?  Is there anything else I’m missing or should I just order a new probe?

Thanks, LR