Another report of Inverted D100 display

647jc

I have a D100 EFIS I've been flying in an RV9-A for about 6 years. The unit works well however it occasionally displays the artificial horizon upside down when first turned on, green on the top and blue on the bottom of the display. When this occurs, turning the unit off and back on does NOT correct the problem, when on the ground or in the air. It usually corrects itself after 5 – 15 minutes of flight and never reoccurs again that day. I have a backup 4-pack of steam gauges so I don’t let the inverted screen prevent me from flying.

When it is inverted, the airspeed and altitude work properly but the turn coordination ball seems to work in reverse, the heading appears correct. To see what it would do, I tried engaging the auto pilot, was kind of exciting, I think it thought it was inverted and tried to roll back upright.

Anyway, this inverted screen used to happen rarely, usually only on cold mornings but it seems to be getting worse now and occurring even in warm weather. Today it stayed inverted for an entire 20 minute flight so I think it’s time to address the problem. I’m on the most current firmware version 5.5.0.

Before I send the unit in for service, are there any configuration settings I should look at? The unit has worked flawlessly for 6 years except for this strange behavior.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
That's definitely an internal sensor issue that we'd need to see here to correct. Give our support team a call at 425-402-0433 for further assistance here.