Any way to center bank angle/ball when on ground

subdubber

My D100 was just sent back from the factory. It appears that it was dropped in shipping (a corner is broken off of the unit). The bank angle and ball are now indicating a slight turn and slip towards the corner that was dropped. Is there an internal adjustment pot for this? It is as if the unit thinks the center of the earth is now not quite in the same spot. Everything else seems to be ok.
Thanks

jakej

Re: Any way to center bank angle/ball when on grou

Contact DS direct - there are no 'field' adjustments and they'd want to look at it anyway to assess the damage.

Jake J

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member

Ugh - sorry for your trouble. I'm guessing that it took a hard enough hit to potentially physically affect the sensors inside. They're not particularly sensitive, but a drop that hard - all bets are off. Give us a call at 425-402-0433 to figure out the right way to proceed.

kboyd59

I am glad I came across this posting it might explain my problem, when I first installed my D-180 and pictures were taken my ball was centered between the hash marks, I then had a problem with the efis and had to send it in for repair and when I reinstalled it the ball is on the right side of the right hash mark. I talked to someone at Dynon and they suggested that the  hole in the instrument panel was probably crooked,  but when I found the original photos I know that is not case. I remember sending the unit in for repair in the Dynon box with the black foam that came with the D-180, and when I got it back it was wrapped in bubble wrap with one corner of the D-180 poking  through the buble wrap but I did not notice any damage to the box or the unit. Should this be looked at by Dynon.

jakej

That's unusual Ken - from my experience Dynon always ships units in their original style of packaging.

Jake J

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member

We've changed our RMA return packaging a few times over the years, but always with the goal of protecting units.

In any case - if you have a digital level - if you're getting 0.0 degrees, and the ball's not centered, then we need to look at it. You can also power the unit up on a known level surface (but make sure you KNOW it's level) to check it as well.

A really solid hit cold potentially knock internal sensors out of alignment or otherwise damage components, so if you do think you had any return shipping damage, that could have affected the unit too. Give us a call at 425-402-0433 if you want to talk through your options.