AOA Audio Output

matherp

Please can you let me know when we are going to get a release for the 10A with the audio output for the AOA warning enabled.

Thanks

Peter

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Peter,

It looks like it is out now. It is available here and reflected in the log at the bottom of the page:

http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/EFIS_D10A_downloads.html

Note that this functionality is still forthcoming on the EFIS-D100.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You can connect a small speaker - just connect it to the audio output and ground. It might not be loud, but it should be enough to test. You'll also have to simulate pitot/aoa pressure on the back of the EFIS (you can use your fingertips to pressurize the "P" and "A" pickups without fear of damaging the EFIS).

Jim_Talbot

On testing the AOA audio output I noted the stall warning audio only appears if the D10A is being powered externally. If the D10A is running from the internal battery the audio output does not appear.

This may produce a safety issue. Should the AOA stall warning audio output also be produced while running on internal battery power?

Also - are there any plans to make the AOA audio volume software selectable?

Thanks

Jim Talbot

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Jim,

We've done some testing here and are not able to replicate the problem. We are able to hear the AOA output, even when the EFIS is powered only on the internal battery.

For the AOA alarm to sound there are a couple of requirements. First, the AOA needs to have been calibrated. Next, airspeed needs to be present as well. Also, if the audio input that your EFIS's output is connected to requires power and your aircraft's power is off, the AOA alarm may not be heard simply because that audio device is not on. How are you testing the AOA output on battery?

Our EFIS-D10A installation guide does not reflect this yet, but for volume control you can hook up a variable resistor as described in our EMS-D10 installation guide. Their audio outputs are effectively the same (except for the pin-out):

"The intercom audio alert connection, utilized during
alarm conditions, should be wired to a 10k-Ohm
variable resistor (potentiometer). Ensure that it is
connected similar to the following diagram. You may obtain the variable resistor from Radio
Shack (part # 271-1715) or other electronics supplier."

Jim_Talbot

Thanks for the info - my mistake. I was checking the audio output through the aircraft audio mixer. This was powered down while the D10A was running on batteries.
Jim

V

Vern Little(Guest)

I pre-built my audio mixer with a 100K trimpot for the D10A audio output, which is now supported. The D10A is installed in my aircraft and I'd like to set the audio level before flight.

Is there a test mode for the audio alarm on the EFIS so I can set this level? It's not practical to simulate an AOA alarm externally at this point, and it's impossible to vary the trimpot in flight.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There is no test mode today. We will be adding it to the software in the future.

tim

Am I correct in thinking the AOA has an audio alert? Currently working on D10A still development on D100.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Exactly correct. The next release of the EFIS-D100 firmware will have the AOA audio alert that has already been released for the EFIS-D10A.