AP 74 180 turn

gteldp71i0

Hello Dynon

When pressing the AP 74 large button for 2 seconds for a rate 1 turn 180 the AP is turning off and perhaps it takes about three attempts before the AP stays on and the turn is then commenced any reason why this should happen.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Is there a chance that you're letting go a moment too soon? When it does actually engage, does it actually engage in 180 mode? Or does it just engage in the normal mode?

gteldp71i0

This occurence happened on Monday whilst i was in flight and the AP was engaged in track mode and altitude hold and was working fine for the duration of the 30mins or so flight, however when i pressed the button for a 180 turn this is when the AP disconnected, i pressed the button again on the AP74 and it reingaged back into track and altitude mode with no 180 turn. After this event happening twice on/off/on on the third attempt the AP74 stayed on and the 180 turn commenced.

Regarding holding or not holding the AP74 button i tried 2 seconds then 10seconds made no difference the AP disengaged.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
So just to clarify - in all cases that you said "pressed" above, you meant "pressed and held for at least 2 seconds", correct?

Does it make a difference if you press and hold from the completely unengaged state, vs holding once the AP is already engaged?

gteldp71i0

you are correct in your assumption "Pressed and held for at least 2 seconds or more" whilst in level flight in 3 tries one after the other.

If I understand your second point as i said earlier effectively when the AP74 button was pressed and held from a working state the AP dissengaged so I assume at that point the AP became "unengaged", or are you asking that the first command to the AP74 on switching on for the first time was engaging a rate 1 turn "NO"

The above has happened in a previous flight but i felt that it was me being a newby to the AP74 but i have done a number of hours using the AP74 and feel confident in its use

Excuse my ignorance if i have completely missunderstood your question!!!!!!!!! 

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It is a confusing question. We were just trying to clarify if it mattered whether the AP was already engaged or not when you did the "2 second hold".  Your first question made clear that the "2 second hold" was not working from the autopilot engaged state. We were just wondering if it also didn't work starting from a disengaged state.

In any case, a "two second hold" should engage the 180deg turn, regardless of whether the autopilot was already engaged.  This sounds to be an issue with the AP74. Please contact us (+1-425-402-0433, support(at)dynonavionics.com) so we can discuss it further with you, and perhaps issue an RMA for us to check the AP74.

gteldp71i0

OOOOOOOOOOOPS Sorry Problem fixed I think, had a quick flight to-day and all worked like a dream.

The problem i think was the D100 was upgraded to the latest software without the AP being switched on so over the weekend we uploaded the new software with the AP switched on this time.

Many thanks Dynon for taking the time as usual a first class service.