AP 74 Failure: lost configuration of servos

jstevens10

I am the new owner of a Remos GS light sport aircraft. Installed in the panel is an EFIS D-100, EMS D-120, and an AP 74 and an HS 34. There is only 50 hrs on the hobbs. Last week the AP unit failed and after reconfiguring the DSAB several times, whenever the autopilot was engaged it would drop offline. Finally Remos sent a technician to examine the problem and he quickly determined that the autopilot servos were not configured. I would put it another way - they had lost their configuration settings. After fixing the problem we did a test flight and discovered that the magnetic compass in the EFIS was once again out of calibration. It has also lost its calibration about two weeks ago and I had to do a re-calibration then. So it seems that from time to time my units are losing data for no apparent reason, which is not a good feeling. According to the Remos representative, don't worry about it. It will happen from time to time and it is a Dynon problem.
I am not real happy flying around with a system that seems to have "known" problems, so I wanted to check to see if this statement is indeed true - is this a known Dynon problem, or do I have something else going on here. ::)

Jim

Brantel

Jim,

What you are experiencing is NOT NORMAL...no matter what the Remos guy says.

I have a ton of experience with the Dynon Legendary product line an have never had any piece of that system (D100, D120, AP74, HS34, Two Servos, and Remote Compass) to lose it's configurations!!!  Several of my friends have similar gear of which I help them with and none have ever experienced this kind of thing either.

Give Dynon a call as this one will be better handled on the phone....