AP Calibration

ManoelLuiz

In Servo Calibration
I read the message (Please disconnect switch to continue)
Nothing else happens, what's wrong?
Tanks

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You need to have your disconnect wired up as specified in the Installation Guide, and press it when it asks at that moment. It's testing whether or not the disconnect switch is working correctly, so if you can't get past that step (by pressing the disconnect switch), you can't use the autopilot.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Then it isn't wired correctly or something is broken. We test the disconnect input before the servos ship, so it's highly unlikely that the servo is broken.

funflying

I had started into a similar situation with the calibration and received an ERR message on the first attempt in my RV12. Now I can not getting it to move to either re-calibrate or fix the ERR. The installation manual did not have any information about how to proceed.
I saw another post about a second disconnect button but I think they have a D180. I haven't seen one on the Skyview. 

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Where exactly are you seeing ERR on the screen, and during what part of the process? If you have servos configured, ERR in the lower left corner of a D180 means that they're probably not being seen by the system. Does your DSAB status menu show them as online? Are the servos receiving power? (their breaker can't be off)

funflying

I received a suggestion from another RV12 guy who mentioned whether the AP had been on during the last software update and I was pretty sure in had not. So I turned on the AP and Avionics then started the Skyview. I saw in the center of the screen where updating to the servos were occurring and knew this was the issue. I then went into calibration mode and it set-up just fine.