AP disconnect / CWS buttons for pilot and copilot

John Bright

AP disconnect buttons on pilot and copilot sticks… does anyone know… does it make sense to connect one AP disconnect / CWS button to the pitch servo and another to the roll servo? Or should the two buttons be connected in parallel and to both servos?

Attached is a jpg of my schematic which I’m thinking is probably incorrect... corrected version is in post #3.

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpeg
    IMG_0241.jpeg
    222.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Marc_J._Zeitlin

AP disconnect buttons on pilot and copilot sticks… does anyone know… does it make sense to connect one AP disconnect / CWS button to the pitch servo and another to the roll servo? Or should the two buttons be connected in parallel and to both servos?
Connect both buttons to both servos. That way, either seat can turn off the AP. If you only want to turn off one axis for some reason, you can use the AP Panel.

John Bright

Thanks Marc, I think you are correct. When I made the schematic of post #1 I must have been thinking a button press gets communicated back to Skyview which would then affect both servos, pitch and roll... incorrect assumption on my part.

Attached is a jpg of my revised schematic.

Attachments

• 2023-12-09_11-50-52.jpg
    2023-12-09_11-50-52.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 46

Marc_J._Zeitlin

This:

1702171671806.png

Is basically what I did, but with a parallel switch for the Co-Pilot grounding of the Disengage/Disconnect. I also ran each servo through a separate 3A fuse, rather than ganging them together, and put a DPST switch in line to turn off power to each servo for takeoff and landing.