AP not detected with SV 7.0 was with 6.2

JPBernoux

I love flying my RV-12!
My RV-12 has just been flying for 2 weeks and the AP has not been used yet. With Skyview 6 the servos were found, configured and tested by the Skyview software. On the next power-up however, I got Pitch error and Roll error displayed. On the Hardware set-up page the servos were marked "not active". As Skyview 7.0 was just made available, I installed it. After installation the messages reappeared. I did a network configuration and now the AP has completely disappeared from the configuration! Of course I checked the fuse of the AP and set the AP switch on during network configuration. Suggestions welcome!

dabear

I would think that the servos didn't get updated during the screen update.

Make sure you have the servos powered, then turn on power to the screen(s).

If it doesn't update servos during the boot. Then go into the setup menu and force network load.

ricardo_godoy

I love flying!
dear support:
Today I tried installing the servos in my skyview without success. the first attempt used version 6.0, updated the softer the second to the last version ... 7:01 ... and nothing.
a message appears on the screen, as follows:
1: sv32/sv42/sv52 - serial: 045 027 - sw version: 5.4.3.230 - status: incorrect firmware

note that only appears one servo, 2 servos were installed.

what should I do??
help me.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Try going to NETWORK SETUP > CONFIGURE, and see if that offers to update the servo. If not, use NETWORK SETUP > FORCE LOAD, and that should do the trick. Keep in mind that the servos MUST be receiving power (breaker in, AP switch, if equipped, on) for them to be able to be updated.

JPBernoux

I love flying my RV-12!
Sorry, I should have posted this when I finally solved my problem. On advice from Dynon support, I checked if my servos were powered. Although they had been powered once, when I checked there was no power on the servo! Troubleshooting the path of power line, I found a connector (on the VANs RV-12 Skyview interface box SV-5000) with a pin unlocked on the power line. Easy fix: push the pin until it locks. Problem solved!