AP pitch/roll error on startup

tatomir

I love flying!
AP, Dynon Skyview, 10 inch, latest software(HSI + ALT)

I get pitch/roll error on star-up very often. I need to re-start the engine in order to get rid of the errors. It is very frustrating.

Is there a special trick ? Can I  touch or not the stick till Dynon starts us ?

Any advice is much appreciated !

Dan

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
A few questions:

What is your order of power up operations (master, avionics power, SkyView, Servos, engine crank, etc)?
Is the event related to engine cranking?
If equipped with either an AP switch or breaker, have you tried turning them off and on (instead of restarting the engine)?

tatomir

I love flying!
What is your order of power up operations
==> Master ON, Engine ON, Avionics ON(When Avionics ON => Dynon + AP ON)

Is the event related to engine cranking?
==> NO, I don't think so,

If equipped with either an AP switch or breaker, have you tried turning them off and on (instead of restarting the engine)?
==>
I tried to turn off/on Avionics while the engine was running and I got the same error message.

Any idea ?

Your
Thanks in advance,
Dan T.

tatomir

I love flying!
Any idea ? This problem is really annoying.

so, the order is :
1. master on
2. start engine
3. avionics on (dynon..etc ON)

Sometimes I got only pitch or roll error.

Thanks in advance !

Dan T.

tatomir

I love flying!
I get this error after I follow these steps :

1. master on
2. engine on
3. dynon on (avionics on)

In order to get rid of the error I need to stop the engine and follow the steps again. It is very annoying since it is happening very often. (2 out of 5 times)

Dan

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
BGK - what you're seeing is expected in your installation. The servos probably aren't getting power until you flip the avionics master. This is why we generally recommend that they be powered up on the same switch as the rest of the Dynon system.

jakej

BGK

Correct, your A/Pilot servos are powered on via the Avionics switch.  HOWEVER with the VP-X ( I just love that system) we can simply change it over, via the VP-X config menu, to the same 'always on'  function as the Sv's without any wiring changes - simple  ;)

Jake J

tatomir

I love flying!
FIXED :)

Now the AP servos are connected to 'avionics'. (before were connected to 'master')

However, while the engine is running if I want to reproduce the problem I switch on/off the 'master'(or 'avionics') a couple of times. Is it normal ?

Dan T.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
How fast are you clicking on and off? We don't specifically test pretty fast power cycling, so if you're bringing things up and down over a few seconds, you might be able to encourage odd behaviors.

Bradrv7A

I love flying!
BGK

Correct, your A/Pilot servos are powered on via the Avionics switch.  HOWEVER with the VP-X ( I just love that system) we can simply change it over, via the VP-X config menu, to the same 'always on'  function as the Sv's without any wiring changes - simple  ;)

Jake J

What is the VP-X system? Is the config menu the menu in the dynon autopilot? What are Sv's?

Bradrv7A

I love flying!
I'm new to this. Happy to learn from others. I've got an EFIS D100 operating autopilot. I get the same error messages on start up (not always, but becoming more frequent). The servos are connected to the master and the dynon to the avionics master. This is the way the builder put it together. I haven't got the vpx system installed, which means, I guess, that the servos need to be rewired to the avionics master, or the breaker cycled or the master cycled on/off? Any other suggestions welcome