AP servo calibration failure (YAW?)

Mazsola

After the 300hr airframe maintanance, I wanted to recalibrate the AP servos once again. (no electical wires or connectors were removed, unplugged, etc)

1.) Reconfigured the Skyview Network in SETUP MENU > SYSTEM MENU > SKYVIEW NETWORK SETUP > CONFIGURE...
All components were found, including both servos (have only pitch and roll servos !!!)
view

...All devices successfuly detected and configured

2.) Before recalibrating the servos the displays shows:
view

And with next step, states that both servos were found:
view

3.) Doing the recalibration:
> FORWARD-LEFT
> FORWARD-RIGHT
> PITCH UP-RIGHT
> PITCH UP-LEFT
After this point I have the message
> FULL YAW LEFT
> FULL YAW RIGHT
Altough I don't have the yaw servo (never had) and this part in the recalibration menu has not shown up so far...???
view

Why do I get the YAW question at calibration ?

At this point I can move the stick left and right (ROLL instead of rudder for YAW) or just leave centered, it does not matter. I always come to the error message: "calibration failed, could not detect all servos"
view

Can please anybody tell me what could be wrong with the calibration ? AP used to function for years... :(

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
First, the ONLY thing that the calibration does is determine the direction of the servos and which one is installed where. It does not calibrate any performance-oriented aspect of the system. In other words, if your AP is moving the servos in the right direction, there is no need at all to recalibrate. Your pictures aren't loading from google drive (check permissions?). But, you should only see the yaw calibration if one of the pitch/roll servo movements weren't seen (therefore, it must be a yaw servo). So first, when you do your movements, take them to the stops. If that doesn't yield a successful cal, then for some reason SkyView isn't seeing one of your servos move. I'd next check whether either of the shear screws might be broken.