ap wants trim up???

Jeffreymd

my ap keeps wanting me to trim nose up after i have trimmed it for strait and level hands off flyn? please help!!! i have a d10a, ap74, roll & pitch servos(sv42) & their all updated. this happens all the time, even n no wind conditons.  :-/

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you trim up a bit once engaged as it's requesting, does the annunciation go away? Or do you always have a trim up indication until you're way out of trim? If you do, that servo might not be sensing trim properly, which we'd need to take a look at to fix. Alternatively, the trim sensing isn't used in roll, so you could also try switching your roll and pitch servos for some self-troubleshooting.

Jeffreymd

yes it does go away.  then everytime i disengage it, the nose pitch's up.  i trim the plane for hands off flyn first, then engage it.  so i know there's no pressure on the controls, yet the ap ask for it?? tks ps- the roll servo wonders 5 degrees on both sides of a hdg too. torque is maxd and i tried sensitivity from min-max? :-?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That does sound like a servo issue. If you can swap the servos, that would confirm it.

Heading wander can often be the result of mag heading that isn't calibrated well. Does it work better in GPS ground track mode?

Jeffreymd

yes, roll servo does it in nav mode too. there are times were it doesnt wonder as far away from the set hdg though, but its never held dead on, YET. i'll re-calibrate my remote compass to b sure. the pitch servo should be ok. mike had me send it in to be checked(rma 8607). i just got that one back from yall. BUT, after i sent it in, i didnt want to wait, so i ordered another one from a/c spruce so i could get it in and back in the air. if you like, i'll swap it with the servo i just got back from yall and try it?? hard to believe 2 different servos would be bad though?? one more thing i noticed. while in altitude hold at 5500' last weekend. the a/c would go down around 5000' then back to 5500', then up around 6000', then back to 5500'??

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
What kind of airplane is it? Try bank angle mode for roll control instead of turn rate. If you're having issues in TRK mode, then the problem isn't confined to the compass cal as TRK mode doesn't use the compass at all.

Jeffreymd

my plane is a russian yak52. the controls take very little pressure to fly. thought i'd throw this in since most folks think, because its a warbird, it must takes strong arms to fly. not true, big misconception. the plane has been turning right (while hands off and ap off flying). we just repositioned the aileron trim tabs to stop this. mayb that had something to do with it? yes,no,mayb?? i'll get back to workn out the ap problems next tuesday when we finish the condition inspection. i'm also gonna move my rod in bearings in closer to the center of the servo. its now bolted to the furthest hole out, on the servo arm. tks again, sincerely!!!

DBRV10

The outer hole gives least torque and control resolution so if you can use the inner most one without over centring the arm you will get a much nicer result.