ARINC 429 add-on

Sportsman7064

I have two 10" Skyview units, a single ADAHRS, the EMS unit and two-axis auto-pilot with the Dynon servos.

How easily can the ARINC 429 module be added later (plug and play?)? I have a Garmin stack incluing GMA240, GNS430W, SL40 and GTX327.

Much easier to wire it in now? And does the unit come with the needed cables to do so?

Thanks for the help!

Russ

RICHAWK

Russ,
I have a very similar setup and just added the ARINC unit today. You get a 25way connector body and pins in the kit - no leads. If you intend to fit later you need to provide for the 9 pin splitter and install the ARINC and serial leads in the 430 harness now. Just cap and stow the ends till you want them. Not impossible to do this all later but a whole lot easier if you make these provisions now.

Richard

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
As Richard says, the only thing the SV-ARINC-429 needs is the 9 pin SkyView network connector and then the ARINC and serial connections to the Garmin box. So basically, fairly easy stuff to plan ahead for, especially since our latest installation guides have pretty comprehensive wiring schematics for this combination.

rogersmart

Skyview Installation Rev E page 11-3 and 11-4 show Arinc 429 D25 pin 20 labled as ground. I am connecting mine to a 430W as shown on page 11-6. Is this pin 20 ground used? If so how? Should it be connected to my ground buss? Can't find documentation of where to connect it.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That ground does not strictly need to be used, but you can optionally connect it to one of the grounds on the 430. Just improves the local grounding, but again, not strictly necessary.