ARINC Sharing?

hmanvel

Can the serial output from the ARINC adaptor be shared to another device besides my Skyview?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There is no serial output from the ARINC adapter so I don't quite know what you are asking. Can you describe what you'd like to do?

hmanvel

I thought I read somewhere that the connection from the adaptor to the Skyview was RS232, my mistake. I'm installing an MGL unit for twin engine monitoring. I was hoping to get routes, waypoint info etc. from the Garmin, like on my skyview, as a backup. While it will normally be strictly an engine monitor/data collector, it does have multiple screens that can show normal EFIS info.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Ah. Got it. Yeah, the ARINC converter module talks to SkyView via SkyView Network, which, though it uses a D9 connector, isn't serial. One other thing you may have read that might have led you down that path is that in addition to the ARINC connection from your ARINC product, you'll generally bring in a serial aviation format output from the ARINC device to the ARINC module from devices like the Garmin GNS and GTN series products. This is done to get some additional data into SkyView that isn't included over the ARINC connection.