Artificial horizon plane symbol too small?

obriand

Hello,

I just got this efis, powered it up, and started to do basic check. I am right now assembling a plane , Orion G802, and do this in family, with my father.

He is one of the old pilots, with a lot of hours on jets. He finds the efis / ems combo very nice an complete, as for some aspects he didn't had that on many planes he flew.

One remark he made to me right away looking at the efis is that the plane symbol in the middle of the artificial horizon is too small / not visible enough. Easy to fix....

Does the other efis owners think the same?

Regards!

Thomas_Schaad

When is enough salt in the soup? I think this is also a kind of personal taste and to what you have been used to till now.

I did fly a number of aircraft with conventional but also modern EFIS Systems as the Collins EFIS86 or the Honeywell Primus. I would consider the Dynon D10A as smart as the others and definitly the best ADI I ever had in my Pulsar.

Kind regards

Thomas ;)

aceflyingservice

I think the attitude indicator is fine, however, the lack of an airplane symbol on the HSI seems odd.

Roger Johnson
Long EZ N34JR

PilotKris

Why do you need an "airplane" symbol?

Do you often forget that you're actually in an airplane?

aceflyingservice

To Pilot Kris,

Did it take you 4 days to develop that witty response? My point is, every HSI on the market displays an airplane symbol relative to the CDI. Is there a reason Dynon wants to use different symbology instead of conforming to the industry standard?

Roger Johnson
LongEZ N34JR

PilotKris

To Pilot Kris,

Did it take you 4 days to develop that witty response?...
Roger Johnson
LongEZ N34JR

Ya, I'm kinda slow...
It woulda taken longer but I asked mom for help (she sayes I'm "Special").