Attitude display

Topgunul

I love flying!
Hello, in my both new sky views, the attitude display is not shown. Where can i activate this?? In the normal setups i didn ;´t found anything. Thx ::)

Edwardoc

I love flying!
Get the Screens menu up on both screens and select it. Make sure PFD is highlighted in the menus :)

Topgunul

I love flying!
Sorry, there is nothing to select.The layout button is not highlighted and the rest is BAc, Dim,pfd, ems,mao and swap. So, what have i to do????

dabear

I'd recommend you read the SkyView Pilot's User Guide (and the installation manual) front to back to fully understand the system and operation. I would NOT recommend flying until you completely understand the system and how to adjust the screens/bugs/etc.

For your specific PFD question, I'd recommend looking at Section 3; Selecting and Arranging pages on your SkyView Screen. (Page 3-9 in User Guide -Rev Q).

1. Hit the back key until you get to a menu that shows the "screen" key. 2. Then press PFD to toggle the display page on or off.
3. Press Layout to toggle between the different layouts (100%, 50%, 40%)
4. Press Back until you return to the main menu level.

Topgunul

I love flying!
thx for these warmhearted words ;)of course ivé read it, but at the end, there is no chance to switch on the ATTITUDE on my PDF. And your advice helps not really.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Do you have a big red X where you expect to have your attitude, or are you not even showing a place where the PFD should be?

dabear

thx for these warmhearted words ;)of course ivé read it, but at the end, there is no chance to switch on the ATTITUDE on my PDF. And your advice helps not really.

Actually, I meant it just straight because I was unsure of your English skills. i.e. wasn't sure if English is your first/only language and I can easily be misunderstood. I interjected no humor and no offense was intended. If you read the manuals, I thought (my mistake) you would have the material to understand the menu structure and what was being missed.

It would also help if you explained what you see and what you don't?
1. Do you see any red X where you expect something?
2. Do you just see EMS or Map or Both Map and EMS, but still no PFD

Your comment above:
Sorry, there is nothing to select.The layout button is not highlighted and the rest is BAc, Dim,pfd, ems,mao and swap. So, what have i to do????

Since you have a "back" button...You are not in the top menu level of the screen. Keep pushing back until you get to the top level.

If you don't see big red X where the PFD should be I'd recommend checking:
1. In setup menu, list each of the devices in the network.
Are the Two ADHARS there?
Are they the same software version number?
2. exit Setup
If both ADHARS are NOT in the network device list then you need to finish install to get them working. If they ARE in the network list:
1.Keep hitting back key until you see screen key. follow advice in other post.

If you DO have big red X where PFD should be, then I'd recommend troubleshooting the connections (wiring, network config, software).

Just trying to help.

Topgunul

I love flying!
I'm sorry too. My Language is German, but i Understatement englisch äs well. I have all Screenshot, Pfd., Ems and Map. What i'm missing is the Attitüde ,Ikes Shows in the manual and all OTHER pictures of the pfd. I dont have the yellow or Green Triangels whitch Shows the flightpath.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
What happens when you press the PFD button? This is where the attitude shows- "PFD" is Primary Flight Display.

Are you seeing altitude, airspeed, heading?

Topgunul

I love flying!
Sep, i See all These Infos propperly. Only the moving Triangels abhöbe the Kompass are Not shown!

Topgunul

I love flying!
Pilot user Guide, figure 9 , Attitude Square, the Yellowstones Triangels at the bottom of These Square.

thibault

I think you are talking about the Flight Director (FD) bars.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but you need configured and calibrated autopilot servos and the autopilot set to use "expert controls" for FD to even be available.  If you have configured and calibrated servos, see the installation manual, page 10-16 and 10-17:

To set the Autopilot Control scheme:
1. Go to the Autopilot Controls Adjust Page (SETUP MENU > AUTOPILOT SETUP > AUTOPILOT CONTROLS).
2. Choose SIMPLIFIED or EXPERT controls.
3. Press ACCEPT to save the value or press CANCEL to return to the Autopilot Setup Menu.

To set the Flight Director style:
1. Go to the Autopilot Flight Director Adjust Page (SETUP MENU > AUTOPILOT SETUP > FLIGHT DIRECTOR).
2. Choose SINGLE CUE or DUAL CUE.
3. Press ACCEPT to save the value or press CANCEL to return to the Autopilot Setup Menu.

Those yellow bars are the single cue type.

Once this is done, on the autopilot page, you can turn the FD on and off.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
A picture of the screen really is in order. Either via a camera or a screenshot as mmarien described.

jlakins

Referring to Figure 15 in the pilots manual.
Are you asking about the 2 minute turn turn triangles and or the water line symbology ?
The 2 minute turn is calculated and will only be shown if you are moving.
Back to Figure 9 the item labeled flight path marker will also only be shown if you are moving.

Jim