attitude indicator

yak52

I have a Dynon D100. The unit comes on correctly. After 4-5 minutes of flying the unit indicates the airplane is continuously rolling to the left. The directional indication also continuously scrolls. The unit then after several minutes, corrects itself and acts appropriately for the rest of the flight. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I returned the unit to Dynon. Upon return, the problem continues. The directional tape rolls with the attitude indicator for a few minutes and then returns to normal The airspeed indication isn't affected.
Im trying to contact Dynon about getting a different unit.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That's strange indeed.

Does airspeed look alright when you're seeing the rolling problem? Our EFISes do depend on accurate airspeed information for the attitude indicator to work properly.

Also, when you say "directional indication", do you mean the heading tape, or the turn rate bar.

For that matter, what do the turn rate bar and the ball look like when you're seeing the incorrect attitude reading?

Finally, does the attitude indicator lean over and maintain a continuous bank? Or, does it just spin around and around.

Yakboy

EEEK!!!
Hope it's not type related.... Putting the D100 in my Yak 52 next week!!!

Have you had that problem all the time??? Or is it a recent squak??