Audio panel hook-up

cmgayman

I love flying!
Good afternoon everyone,
We just purchased a Dynon Skyview touch for our Vertical Aviation Hummingbird helicopter build.  I am working on a wiring diagram from the avionics and have a question about hooking up the audio panel.  We decided to go with a PS-engineering PM1000II for the audio panel so we could have a true 4 place audio panel.  The Dynon SV-COM-425 has a phone out and a phones ground.  The Dynon Display has an Audio left, audio right and, Audio ground.   Our PM1000II only has the input for the radio, but I would like to hear the audio from the display as well.

Can I hook the COM phone out and the Display audio left and audio right to the PM1000II Audio high.
And hook the COM phone ground and display audio ground to the PM1000II audio lo.

Will that allow me to hear both the COM and the Display noises?

I have attached the PM1000II to the post.

Thanks in advance! Have a great weekend everyone.
Chris Gayman

Attachments

• PM1000II_Install_Manual.pdf
    129.9 KB · Views: 140

bobl_51

I love flying!
I used to have a PM1000II before I upgraded to the Dynon Intercom when I added a second radio. You connect only your radio to the A/C Radio pins. Connect your Skyview audio to the Music Input pins 20 & 7. (page 8 of PS Manual).
Extract of my aircraft old schematic attached.

Attachments

• Audio.png
    Audio.png
    551.3 KB · Views: 94

cmgayman

I love flying!
I was thinking that was an option. It will still work with music as well right?

vlittle

Dynon recommends 50 ohm resistors to ground on the SkyView audio outputs.  They serve to drop the audio level and system noise.

You may find that a lower value resistor works better.  Only one per SkyView is required in this application.  You should be running the SkyView audio level around 75% or so to minimize noise.

Vern