Audio Recording

joehopwood

Is there any interest among Skyview users in having capability of recording audio? I know I would sure like to do so in order to review flights for possible improvement in communications. I am going to fly westbound with flight following from F95 in Florida along the Gulf coast to 2AL1 in Alabama. There is much military, commercial and GA traffic. I would like to record the audio my trip.

HFMan

I used to do this a lot, especially when doing long cross country flights to controller airspace I am not familiar with. I stumbled on a rather dated product called BackTrack. This is a small box that was originally intended for folks to practice guitar riffs, etc. It has in and out standard headphone jacks, and records everything that comes over the input as a clip. For important clips, you can press a single button and "mark" that particular clip. You then have a playback button, and it simply plays back the last clip. You can also switch it so it only plays back the last marked clip. Ultimately, you end up with hundreds of clips for a given flight which you can copy to a computer and play back at any time.

It works VERY well for my purposes, and I only wish that Dynon offered such a capability. I have tried to design a similar product (to sell), but that is quite a challenge. In the mean time, BackTrack works great for me for those times where I feel a need to have the means to record all ATC conversations.

Darrin Towers

I also would like that feature, I know MGL has it. Or even better would be like what the airlines have where it converts to text with a small read out screen. I'm would think that someone would even develop a phone app for just aviation speech to text that would work off line.

Darrin Towers

I also would like that feature, I know MGL has it. Or even better would be like what the airlines have where it converts to text with a small read out screen. I'm would think that someone would even develop a phone app for just aviation speech to text that would work off line.
I see there are some apps and products out there, hopefully Dyno is looking into this too. And if they are and need to test it. I know the perfect too fast talking grumpy ATC guy to test it on.