Audion Alert

ZK-LCM

I am installing a D100, D120 & AP74 plus Dynon roll & pitch servos in my RV6.

The D100 Manual page 3-10 recommends ONLY cpnnect the AP74 audio alert to the audio system, which is understandable.

My question is will the AP74 still provide an audio alert if it's power input is switched off?  If not this suggests that it needs a searate switch to the servo power supply, or some clever circuitry.

Thanks
Graham RV6, up to my neck in wires!
New Zealand

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
If the AP74 isn't getting power, you won't get audio from it. But generally we'd recommend that you have your servos and AP74 wired to come on when your EFIS does.

ZK-LCM

Dynon

Thanks for the prompt reply. 

I see the following problems with your proposal.

I have my EFIS 3A CB (as recommended by the Instn Manual) on the Main Bus as it is permitted to be on during engine start.
Can the AP components also be on during engine start? 

The two CB requirements may not be compatible.  My EFIS CB is 3A as specified by the manual, & this may be too marginal for the AP which I was going to protect with 5A (based on 2*SV32's using 2.66A total at peak), except the AP74 which I was proposing to protect with a 2A inline fuse.

Rgds
Graham

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
You can still (and should) circuit break them individually, but the AP breaker/switch never needs to be turned off. They're both on a master switch, right?

ZK-LCM

Dynon,

You havent answered my question which was;

"Can the AP74 be on during engine start"?

Thanks
Graham

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, all Dynon avionics equipment is designed to be on during engine start.