Auto Pilot diseng. not locking current headi & alt

RudiGreyling

If I read it correct holding the disengage button for a couple of seconds the skyview indicates csw, but on release of the button it locks on the old heading bug and alt bug. it does not sync to the airplanes current heading and alt?

yes I have to ap settings the disengage button on, and set to current heading & altitude.

anyone else see this?

dlloyd

Rudi,
Turning on the SYNC function the releasing the CWS will pick up the current heading and altitude. SYNC not turned on, releasing the CWS is pick up the previous heading and altitude. That SYNC button is at the bottom right of the autopilot page. I missed it also.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
So this is a little confusing, and the latest manual that will come out just after Osh improves the description. We could further clarify it by changing the top bar's CWS-CWS indication on initial engagement to something else, because it's a bit of a misnomer. The short story:

When you press/hold to engage the AP when it isn't already engaged: The "CWS" rules in setup are ignored. This case is the same as pushing the individual mode buttons in the menu to activate the AP. Therefore, the SYNC button setting is observed, if it applies (does not apply if you're in NAV mode, essentially, because there's no bug to syn)

When the AP is already engaged and you press/hold the CWS button to temporarily override it, THEN the option you chose from in the AP setup menu is observed.

So really, there is a "hold to engage" function of the disconnect switch, and there's a "control wheel steering" function, and they're both slightly different, but unfortunately annunciated the same way.

Hope this clears it up, though!

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Well I for one would like to see the disengage button automatically sync heading and altitude without further button pushes in the a/p menu. Just for a quick way to set the a/p during times of high workload etc. If you are going to use it to trak nav then going into the menu to set it up is fine. At least make it an option to function like this please!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It does do that. Just make sure that the SYNC is toggled on, and it will do that on all future engages. the SYNC option, once highlighted, will stick across power cycles and autopilot engagements.

djones

Administrator
Staff member
It does do that. Just make sure that the SYNC is toggled on, and it will do that on all future engages. the SYNC option, once highlighted, will stick across power cycles and autopilot engagements.

Awesome, didn't understand the sync would stick on. Works for me
Thanks for clearing that up