autopilot connection to the HS34

vatkinson

I had Steinair make my harness... they show the two auto pilot wires coming out of the Garmin 430 going to pin 11 and 23 into the HS 34. These pins are already taken. the pins on the wires they supplied are male. I have the D100 only with the HS34 and Trio autopilot.

Suggestions on what to do with these pins plz

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You've got another ARINC receiver on the HS34 (see the installation manual) if the first one is taken. But, if the first one is taken by the 430 ARINC output, you're actually already set, since the auxiliary autopilot information (in particular, the GPS steering labels, which we don't actually require) comes over that same ARINC connection.

timfwalsh01

Vance,

Greetings,  it has been a long time since you were kind enough to fly my Cozy III from Texas to Manassas!!

I installed the D-10, D-10A, HS-34, Trio and a full Garmin panel (GNS-430) in my Cozy.

Dewey Davis was kind enough to help with hooking up the GNS-430 to the Trio.  The HS-34 does not get hooked up to the Trio (at least for the D-10A), the digitial signal comes out of the GNS-430 directly to the Trio.

The HS-34 does not drive the autopilot.

Trio sent me the GNS-430 install manual in an email which helped determining the pin outs for the Trio. (I beleive I emailed it to DL as well).

I am currently in Beijing, China and do not have access to my stuff.

Does this help?  Tim

vatkinson

Thanks tim......... I will contact DL I actually have a na aid now but its on its last legs... am going to get a trio and had steinair send the wires for it. So it wont need anything right away. All the wires are plugged in except for those two. send me you email address and I will send you some pics.... about another weeks work (40 hours)and Ill be done

timfwalsh01

Vance,

I actually had a Navaid and switched out to a Trio.  DL immediately recognized that I could not use the same analog pins, and needed to hook up the digital pins from the 430.  He did his usual magic with great success.

DL mentioned you were installing the new panel. I also have the instructions for configuring the GNS-430 as well - if needed.  It was not intuitive!!

My email - timfwalsh01@comcast.net. I will also send a picture of the Cozy III panel, is very different than 12 years ago.  

Hope all is well.  Tim