Autopilot Rolls Into Turns Like A Fighter Pilot

Rhino

No. I'd expect a patch rather than an update in the near future. If you need the fix now, contact Don as he advised in post #75. He'll likely let you be a 'tester'.

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Well, 16.4 that includes the fix should be out pretty soon. I don't have a firm release date as yet, but as mentioned if you want to try the fix, let me know.

ge

Thanks Don, yep happy to trial the fix. Have emailed you

ge

An update, it seems the "fix" has worked, at least for me. Finally managed to do some limited testing today in Simple mode. Everything behaved normally with default settings. No problem with Tach time.

sunfish

I love flying!
Problem Cause: As for the reason for the Roll AP issue, from Don at Dynon: “They introduced a bug that basically disabled the roll gyro feedback gains, (pitch too, it just didn't show up as much as there is also a vertical speed rate limiter in use)”

‘’Might the pitch gyro feedback gains have anything to do with the slow porpoising I experience?

sunfish

I love flying!
thank you Jake, will check that after I check for the rigidity of my servo mount and elevator cable tension….

WmInce

Well, 16.4 that includes the fix should be out pretty soon. I don't have a firm release date as yet, but as mentioned if you want to try the fix, let me know.
Hi Don,

I'm flying a Flight Design CT series.
I would like to participate in testing 16.4 also.
Your excellent tech support is always appreciated.

Thank you.

Rhino

Don doesn't check in here all that often. You might want to try the Dynon support contact address for a faster response.

RV8JD

v16.4.0 is out today (9/19/2022) for Experimental SkyView systems:

New: Autopilot Lost Motion adds an adjustable configuration item that lets the autopilot take up "slack" in the controls.
New: AGL Map Info Item.
Improved: Low BARO setting limits is now 23.00 in/Hg
Improved: SV-GPS-2020 can be set to emit SIl and SDA of 0 for locales where emitting higher SIL/SDA is disallowed.
Changed: To turn off a single axis of autopilot in expert mode, a 2 second press/hold is now required. This reduces the opportunity to accidentally disengage one axis by pushing a mode button that is already engaged.
Changed: Bank Angle audio alert removed.
Fixed: Improvement to aggressive autopilot roll behavior.
Fixed: Colors on approach plates - notably PocketFMS - are displayed correctly.
Fixed: UL Power fuel flow via ECU.
Fixed: Hardware version 4 SkyView HDX displays now support foreign languages.
Fixed: Full screen external video works correctly on SkyView Classic and Touch.
Fixed: Squelch setting restored for SV-COM-T8/T25 radio transceivers.

Fixed: Ethernet support for multi-display SkyView systems was not optimized between all display hardware configurations.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And ... The autopilot tuning guide has been updated:

And ... NEW - Third-Party Device Connection and Configuration Guide:

Last edited:

swatson999

The 16.4 release should be out imminently
I see a cut and paste error in the 3rd party config guide, section 3.3.7, p 20 says "To connect and configure the SL40", should be ART833.

Just caught my eye scrolling through the doc quickly...probably others lurking out there.