B/U battery SV-BAT-320 location in 2018 FDCT?

EB3

I love flying!
The B/U battery on the passenger-side Skyview in my 2018 Flight Design CTLSi failed its test. I looked behind both Skyviews to locate the B/U batteries for the units, but I don't see them. Either I'm overlooking the B/U batteries, or they're tucked away someplace I haven't looked.

Thx for any help you can provide!

jakej

The battery will be within 2ft of the SV as that is how long the wiring supplied in the D37 connector is, if the wiring has been 'modified' (made longer) then this bet is off.

jnmeade

The B/U battery on the passenger-side Skyview in my 2018 Flight Design CTLSi failed its test. I looked behind both Skyviews to locate the B/U batteries for the units, but I don't see them. Either I'm overlooking the B/U batteries, or they're tucked away someplace I haven't looked.

Thx for any help you can provide!
Why don't you call Arian Foldan at Flight Design USA and ask him? He's sharp. He's on EST. But like I said on the other forum, there is a cable plugged into the back of other SkyView display - trace the wire.
Are you sure you even have a backup battery on that display? See where the backup cable is plugged in on your good side and make sure you have an identical cable plugged in on the bad side.

EB3

I love flying!
Why don't you call Arian Foldan at Flight Design USA and ask him? He's sharp. He's on EST. But like I said on the other forum, there is a cable plugged into the back of other SkyView display - trace the wire.
Are you sure you even have a backup battery on that display? See where the backup cable is plugged in on your good side and make sure you have an identical cable plugged in on the bad side.
I'm going back to the airport today to dig deeper and will take into consideration everyone's suggestions, which I appreciate! This can't be that hard, although my tendency is to make things more difficult than they should be sometimes. 🙂

EB3

I love flying!
Went back with better lighting and more time on my hands and, sure enough, they were located almost right in front of my face, albeit under another component which didn't render the B/U batts readily apparent to me.

Attachments

• 4A7461ED-E388-4A48-881E-36125A380841_1_201_a.jpeg
    4A7461ED-E388-4A48-881E-36125A380841_1_201_a.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 143