Backup Battery

DerekH

I love flying!
I've powered up my 10" Skyview for the first time, when I power down it just shuts down, no 30 second delay. This leads to the EFIS stating that the shutdown was abnormal. Is there a setting required to enable the backup battery ?

K

KRviator

Try SETUP MENU > LOCAL DISPLAY SETUP > BACKUP BATTERY (SV-BAT-320) STATUS > BATTERY CONNECTED > YES

K

KRviator

About all I can suggest now is to let the system charge the battery sufficiently. Could it be that since you only powered up the system for the first time, the battery had insufficient time to charge?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
What is the rest of the information in:

SETUP MENU > LOCAL DISPLAY SETUP > BATTERY BACKUP (SV-BAT-320) STATUS?

Or you can just contact Technical Support - support (at) dynonavionics (dot) com, or 425-402-0433 to discuss the issue.

Thanks, just checked and it's already set to yes.

DerekH

I love flying!
Battery Connected(Battery Detected) YES
Last battery shutdown : normal
Date of last test: untested
Test result:N/A
Battery status : 12.18V
Charge status: charged

DerekH

I love flying!
There is also a message on the main screen saying "BATTERY TEST NEEDED"

This is the issue, I'd like to test the battery, but can't. As the screen still won't go into the 30 second shutdown period when I power it down.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Derek:

Please contact Tech Support - support (at) dynonavionics (dot) com and request an RMA to get the battery in for testing and possible replacement. In your email, please reference this forum post (include the link).

There is also a message on the main screen saying "BATTERY TEST NEEDED"

This is the issue, I'd like to test the battery, but can't. As the screen still won't go into the 30 second shutdown period when I power it down.