Baro setting Warning

65xx

The baro warning happens normally on SV initial power application shortly after the baro is set. I think it is suppose to compare the last set baro with the current baro. If so, it works "as designed". On initial power up I think it is comparing the last flight baro with the current baro, which can be several hours or days old. I would prefer that it not work "as designed" on start up, only after a certain amount of time after initial power is applied to the SV. Dan from Reno.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
If you're seeing CHECK BARO SETTING, that means that it's comparing the latest METAR-based value (from the nearest airport according to the ADS-B receiver) to your current setting. So a couple of questions here: Do you have the SV-ADSB-470? If so, after you get the message next time, can you check your nearest WX station and see if it's actually different than you've set it/ Also, are you getting the message before you get fresh ADS-B reception? That would be indicated by an red expired timestamp for the METAR data.

65xx

Checked items you suggested, I do not receive ADS-B near my hangar. It appears that the new Baro setting is being compared to outdated Baro setting from the last flight. If this initial comparison was delayed until the ADS-B received its first update, I think it might solve the problem. Dan

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We probably do have a bug that got introduced here when we started caching ADS-B data across boots so your METAR data would still be in the system when you did a quick shutdown for fuel. We compare the BARO to the nearest METAR, and it looks like that comparison happens even when the METAR is very old. From a quick glance, it shouldn't have anything to do with the old BARO setting.

We'll add it to our list.