Battery test

DonFromTX

I love flying!
Not sure what battery charger you might be using, but I found that all of mine except a 35 amp one would not generate enough voltage to charge the backup battery. Anything less than about 14.5 volts on the main battery, does not spill over into the backup. You can monitor easily by doing the 7-8 button push and see if it is charging or not.

aguiraf

I am using the 6amp Odyseey charger and you are right. The battery charger does not provide enough charge. I flew Saturday for 2 hours and the Skyview battery charged. It showed as "Charged" on the Battery 320 page. Voltage of 12.25. However I still can't get the test going. When I turn off power to the Skyview and stay on backup battery I then press the test button and nothing happens on the screen. I am expecting a test screen to show up with a counter as per previous posts. :(

aguiraf

Success! Finally got the battery test done with the help of Steve at Dynon. The reason I could not get the "test battery" page to come on was because the air speed was not calibrated, my bad, it was reading 18 kts at rest. Therefore Skyview believed I was still flying and would not let me go into the battery test procedure.  I had to re-calibrate the airspeed as per the skyview procedure, once this was done the airspeed read zero "---" and the battery test procedure worked as outlined in the manual.

I really appreciate the costumer service provided by Steve at Dynon. > :D

aguiraf

Pictures of Battery Test process
1. Pre-Test
2. Starting Test screen after pressing #8 button "TEST BAT" 3. End of Test
4. Pass Test

2013-07-28+13.00.55.jpg

2013-07-29+16.51.11.jpg

2013-07-29+17.34.36.jpg

2013-07-29+17.35.11.jpg