Bendix/King KLX 135 GPS/COMM

XDT

Hi New retrofitting of the EMS-D10 - not fully running yet!

I have a Bendix/King KLX 135 GPS/COMM, what protocole should I select on the EMS-D10 for the GPS signal, and do you know if KLX 135 has the Zulu time in the string.

It would be nice of the EMS-D10 had a display to let you know it had detected the GPS signal, as I am not sure if its working or not and the Zulu time is not syncing. Not in the air yet to know if the fuel flow is working with the GPS!!!

Cheers
Peter

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Peter,

I can't find any direct reports of the KX series on the forums, but we do have some information about the Skymap, which may or may not be the same. See http://wiki.dynonavionics.com/GPS_Serial_Compatibility_and_Configuration_Settings for that. In any case, there are only 2 discreet serial port input settings on the Dynon side, and likely only a few output settings on the GPS side, so even if you had to plod through all of the permutations, it shouldn't be that bad. If you do definitively figure out what works, please post it here too!

jakej

Peter

Give me a call re the KX 135 - there are some issues with these and also the KLN 89/90 models as well.

cheers, jake

mdengen

I have my KLX-135 connected to a D-10A and the HSI works fine. I have the input set to Aviation Format at 9600 baud. I used a D-sub pin connection at the PC interface so it will always be disconnected during updates.

XDT

I have used the same settings with a connection via the standard GPS input and it works fine with the exception of Zulu time,the bendix data stream does not seem to transmit this on theGPS data stream.