Black screen DEK-180

chrisO

I used the DEK-180 in the hangar yesterday and it worked normally. Went home and updated my checklists in the Dynon Support Program the returned to the hangar this morning. I plugged the DEK-180 serial connector into my laptop and started the Dynon program. The screen didn't become live and I thought it was because the unit was communicating with my laptop. I then received a COM port error (although it worked flawlessly last time). I disconnected the laptop and restarted my master avionics buss, which powers the DEK-180, but it won't power up. Did this several times and still just a black screen. I checked the fuses and wiring and eveything looks okay and besides the plane sat in the hangar between working normally and not working. I'm wondering if it's related to the connection with my laptop. Is there some way to do a cold restart or other way to troubleshoot ?
Thanks
Chris

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
If you have the internal backup battery, you might want to disconnect it to see if that changes anything. If not, get in touch with our support team (contact info in sig) for further assistance.

chrisO

Thanks. I don't have an internal battery but I did have the yellow "keep alive" wire connected. I disconnected it and did a restart and everything is back to normal.