Blue screen

paulgy80

After almost 2 months of messing around trying to get the D10 EMS to read anywhere near accurate oil temps (2 times back to you in the US) we finaly get that issue resolved, went to do a test flight and the damnded thing goes blue screen. On start up the unit was turned on it went blue screen with logo and stuck, recycled and all I get now is a blue screen??????? Loosing the will to live with this kit, some folk might think it rocks but to me it seems fragile and almost too sensitive for the enviroment it is suppost to run in. :( :'(

Please tell me it is something simple, or do we loose the aircraft for another 2 weeks??? :'(

carey.mills

I recently had this same problem due to power surges during start-up. This was new to me and up to that time I've never had a problem with the D-120 in the last 2 years. I had to disconnect the keep alive wire to allow it to re-boot. Now I simply start with the EMS breaker pulled.
Carey Mills

paulgy80

Hi Carey

I really dont like having engine instrumentation turned off at fire up, that is one of the critical times you want it working. In these modern times when we can get uninterupted telemetry from a wide range of instruments and sensors in incredibly harsh environments, why is it that we get such issues from this equipment :-/

Cheers

Paul

pbennett

To quote Bob Nuckolls of Aeroelectric Connection, you can be quite sure that any piece of equipment will one day fail. As Mike Busch (Avweb and EAA Sport Aviation) points out, with electronics the worst failure rate is with new equipment.
My EMS D10 so far has worked just fine through all engine starts.
My Skyview EFIS acted up ornery and Dynon Support swapped it in the BEST display of customer support I have ever seen.
My panel upgrade also included a Garmin 695. I am currently on the third unit, having had two unrelated failures.
In my limited experience, Dynon product quality is excellent and the support is second to none.
And I'm on the other side of the globe.

Peter

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Paul - please give us a call at your earliest convenience, and identify yourself as paulgy80 from the forum when you talk to tech support.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
So if one of either the 5V or 12V wires is going somewhere it shouldn't be (ground, some other input), that can cause power-on issues. I'd start with sensors / wires that connect to those.