Bluetooth Intercom/Audio Panel

thomdavies

I love flying!
It would be great if Dynon could incorporate BlueTooth pairing and connectivity to their SV-Intercom-2S. In today's flying environment, a cellphone could be used during many emergencies or lost Com events.

jakej

If you were Dynon would you do that considering a lot of different headsets and some better audio panels have BluTooth already ? 
Consider this - for the price of a panel mount unit you could buy a good headset (with BluTooth) & then have the ability to use it in many other aircraft if you needed too. That’s one of the reasons I never bought an audio panel with that feature for my aircraft.

mmarien

Murray M.
Jake - BT connected to the panel has some benefits. I connected a car BlueTooth adapter ($90 on Amazon) to my GTR 200 and use it for streaming music to the whole cockpit. That doesn't happen with a headset BT. When I connect to my iPad I also get the ForeFlight audio warnings.

My calls also come through the GTR 200 if I connect my cell phone. Which may or may not be a good thing depending on who's calling. ;)

jakej

How big is your Glasair, mine has 2 seats ;D
The pax can connect music directly to their headset & I’m free to communicate to however I need to - just my .02 cents worth ;)